Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Florida, January 14 - 17, 2011

I went to St Augustine January 14 – 17 to learn about the town, find a place to start and relax.
We will start right on the beach, 95 Vilano Road, St. Augustine, FL.  We will stay at the Hampton Inn there the night before.  The beach is amazing – white sand and sea shells everywhere.  I wish Cole, Sienna and Sidney could be there because they would love it!  Although they cannot be there, Mom will be there and that is huge for Shannon and me. 
St A is a cool town.  Very historic and lots to see and do.  On Sunday I drove from St A to Gainesville following the route we will take on the bikes.  About 30 miles from the start, I saw another cyclist and stopped to talk to him.  He had just started and was taking the same route we are going to follow.  The major difference, he is doing it unsupported.  His plan is to ride 50 miles per day and take about 12 weeks.  He will be just about finishing when we start.  I wished him safe riding and continued driving to Gainesville.
On Monday, I drove back to Jacksonville, spent some time at the beach….in the rain (it was still nice) and visited several TV and radio stations.  Hopefully one of them will find our story interesting enough to make the one hour drive to St A and send us off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment