Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April 29 - Rest Day

Today was happy and sad. 

Sad, because this morning at 5:30AM I said goodbye to Dad for about a week.  Dad headed home to spend some time with Mom and check in at work.  Mom told me the other day Dad will probably spend most of his time wondering how we are doing, where we are at and what we have seen.  No worries Pop's, we will be safe, having fun and riding hard.  For all of you in Phoenix, check in with him and ask him if he has been having fun.

Happy, because I slept in until almost 8AM!  Then took a shower, had breakfast and we headed to Fredericksburg for a few hours.  This town has a lot of tourist shops so we thought we may find something as a momento for the trip.  Les bought some Jalapeno Peanut Butter and Shannon and I found some tastey dip mix.  I also found a Frontier Times from June 1942 with James Stephen Hogg on the cover - this one is for Jerry.  Sorry Jer, I didn't find any of the other stuff you asked about but I will keep looking.

One of the shops we stopped at had a boat load of different jellies, peanut butters, olive oil and dips.  I tasted about 30 of them and Bill said he tasted them all....and still had room for lunch!  lol

Admiral Nimitz is from Fredericksburg so they have a WWII Pacific Museum here in his honor.  Here is a picture of the museum.
The Bikes also had a rest day

Today, I must thank my Parents - Jerry and Mary.  They have taught all of us a strong belief in Christ, a strong work ethic and how to appreciate people of all types.  When I hear about what others are going through and they have to go through it without a supportive family, I wonder why was I so blessed.  I have not only good parents, but an incredible extended family that I know are praying for us and have supported us in Our adventure in incredible ways. 

Tomorrow will be odd as Dad won't be here.  I remember the first time Shannon and I rode in different events on the same day.  One of us called the other and said, "Its wierd you're not here.  We always ride in events together."  That is how I will feel tomorrow....starting a POP's Ride day without Pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment