Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday, April 12

Well, today did not start as I had planned.  The heat and the humidity of the last two days has taken its toll on my body.  I was able to force down about two bites of pancake, looked at Shannon and said "I'll join you in the afternoon."  After a couple hours in the RV sleeping, the adults decided I should go to urgent care to make sure all was ok.  The Doc said I was mildly dehydrated but not enough to warrant IV's at the ER.  I have to take the next few days off to recover.  Doc told me not to go back until I feel completely well.  I will take off Wed and Thurs, Fri is a scheduled rest day and I will start riding again on Saturday.

Yes, I am bummed and not pleased.  But, I guess that is life.

So, I spent the day sleeping a lot and I have nothing more to add.

Jerry said he saw a squashed armadillo being snacked by a vulture. 

Meals:  Breakfast - pancakes, eggs, bacon;  Lunch - Lindy's Cafe, i had fried pork chops...tasty;  Dinner - roast beef, green beans, carrots, potatoes, cottage cheese, lettuce salad and ice tea.

3 comments:

  1. Take heart my brother. What you are able to do, from the start of this journey long ago until now has been an inspiration to many, including myself. Remember that this journey you are on is not a race, but a marathon. Pace yourself, get reenergized, and enjoy the ride, the good company, and the good friends. You remain in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane, so sorry. That is a bummer. A few years ago I did the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk (20 miles a day) I thought for sure I was drinking enough fluids. I could feel it sloshing in my belly. But, my teammate made me stop at the doc tent after showing some mild signs of dehyration. I told him I was drinking water, gatorade in mega doses and I could not be dehrydated and he said, "that's what they all said before they passed out" pointing to a row of ladies on IV's on the grass. He felt my face and under my arms and said I had no sweat and was headed that way. He had me drink a half gallon of water before he let me leave and told me to quadruple the massive amounts of water/gatorade I was taking in. WoW! That's a lot of liquid...but he was right and I made it. Push those liquids big time while you are resting up and push them way bigger on the road. You are a hero! A shining example for so many....Rock What You Got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane - It's about the destination and the goal, its not about the details. I love your competitive drive. Get healthy. Praying for your brother.

    ReplyDelete