Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 11 - this ain't heaven

Scheduled ride was from Coos Bay to Port Orford.  I had to ask where we were last night.....that is sad.  Guess I am tired.

Miles ridden today - 39.75
Elevation Gain - 950 feet

The day started with rain and not much changed as we pushed through the miles other than the wind picked up.  We had some generous people step up to the challenge of donating $20 to help shorten the time we had to spend in the rain and I am very grateful for their support.  I am ok with riding in the rain but the 20+mph headwind is harsh.  Tomorrow is forecasted to be a little nicer to us with mostly just rain and a breeze of 11mph.

Just before we stopped for the day, we rode past a restaurant called the Greasy Spoon and there were a couple of local trucks sitting out front so I decided that is where we were having lunch.  It was truly a dive but it was good food and that is all that matters.

For dinner we made chicken fajitas and they were pretty good.

I don't have much to say tonight so here are some of the sights from today.

I know they have 3D printers but this one caught me off guard - Printed Local Beef?  Doesn't sound tasty at all.

A giant bird made from ocean trash.





No comments:

Post a Comment