Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 7 - definitely was not heaven

Astoria to Tillamook….suppose to be anyhow. 

Day started with a lot of rain and wind.  Only Shannon and I rode.  Did I mention there was a lot of rain?  

By lunch we were at Cannon Beach and had Mo’s Clam Chowder and a sandwich on the wind free side of the truck.  Thanks Jer for jetting ahead to have the chowder ready for us.  

Then Carl and I went swinging in the park.  Yeah, it is all about having fun.


Then we decided it was time to get moving.  I asked Shannon what we should do – ride or surrender to the Hurricane and we both decided it was best/safest to surrender – so we did.

Good move.  We came to the church, showered, went to the Tillamook Cheese Plant, had some ice cream, met Dad’s cousin Rosemary and her husband Gary Stutzman – very random as they were planning to meet us on Monday night in Lincoln City.  Dad’s brother-in-law Enos and our cousins Karen and Loren also met us in Tillamook and joined us for dinner.  Good food and good times at the Pelican Pub in Tillamook.

Through Yuma Bev, we met Sherrilyn who coordinates a PD support group in Till and a couple of the local members.  Then the mayor of Till arrives. Suzanne Webber.  Her mother has pd.  Was great evening.


Today while riding in the rain, I thought of all those who help Shannon and I with this ride – who have no other connection to PD other than they know Shannon and/or I and yet they are so giving of their time.  We know so many incredible people and are truly blessed by their friendships.

I have seen some really cool barns since we entered Oregon and this is one of them.  Guess its the farmer in me.  The farm we lived on in Nebraska had a huge barn - it amazed me then and the old ones still do now.

That is me, trying to stay ahead of the seagull who wants to relieve itself on me.  No, I cannot ride on water. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment